We made it to 2017! This article outlines the final step of transitioning from the old year to the new. Now that the new year is here, what dreams are you going to create?
Creating Your Dreams in 2017
I think this third and last part of the transition from 2016 to 2017 is the most fun:
- Starting on January 1 or shortly thereafter, find yourself a quiet moment, an hour or two, light a new candle, put on uplifting music and get comfortable.
- Find a blank sheet of paper. As a suggestion, write something at the top to guide you or inspire you. For example: “So it shall be.”
- Without thinking or analyzing, write down anything and everything that comes to mind that you would like to create or manifest in 2017. Be specific, be creative and think big.
- Although you can go as crazy as you like, your list should be at least 70 percent possible and believable. Write until your brain is empty - don’t worry about being greedy, in fact, be as greedy as you like. This is about what you really, really want.
- Write everything in present tense: “I am…” Use verbs to enthusiastically express what you want. For instance, “I am joyfully and easily in a new job that is professionally fulfilling and offers me the opportunity to do what I love.”
- Choose a place to display your list -- maybe somewhere only you can see it -- and treat it as something sacred.
- Or you can create a manifestation box or jar and include this list as well as pictures and objects that are symbolic or meaningful to you (see below).
The Manifestation Jar
A few years ago, I saw a jar filled with folded bits of paper in it at the house of an acquaintance. I asked what that was and I was told it was a Manifestation Jar.
The idea of the dream or manifestation jar is that you write down what you want in your life, any wish big or small, on a small piece of paper (like a post-it note) and put it into the jar. On a regular basis, you can go through the jar and see what has already come to pass or what you wrote earlier that year. You can add new things to the jar as they come up. The jar reminds you to always be open for the magical in your life.
Staying in Touch With Your Dreams
Often what happens with these exercises is that as time goes by, we forget to review our wishes or goals. Out of sight, out of mind, those dreams sit on the shelf, gathering dust. As much as you can throughout the year, review your list (every day is ideal). Read what you wrote aloud and feel free to add to it. January first is not the only day of the year in which you can call in what you want! I encourage you to think about the list frequently.
As things begin to manifest throughout the year, observe them with gratitude. Celebrate what does come to pass AND do not beat yourself up or get discouraged over what is not happening. Focusing more on what is abundant in your life ALREADY, is the best way to generate more abundance.
Another way to stay in abundance is to be of the greatest service to the people around you. When you are of service and give your time and attention and care to others, your mindset changes from what you want for yourself to what you can do to for others.
A third way is to cultivate a gratitude exercise. Truly think about what you have that has helped you in your life: whether it’s your family, friends, your health, your body, your home, your job, your mentality, or strength.
No matter what, resolve to live your life in line with what you truly want to manifest. Rid yourself of any emotional, mental, physical, or interpersonal clutter so that you can get out of your own way. The thing about co-creating and manifestation is that it takes action as well as thought and belief, so resolve this year to take steps to truly LIVE your best life.
Each day choose to take action. It’s never to late to start.